Alright, so you decided to open your own website. ChennaiHost provides you Domain Registration and Hosting Services. Create your own domain name like “yourbusiness.com”. Having your own domain name is more professional and makes it easier to promote your brand.
With so many websites out there, you often need to be creative to find a domain name that isn’t already taken. Smashing Magazine wrote a great article to do just that and we have highlighted some key points.
Tips on Creating a Domain Name
1. The essentials – Be short, catchy and memorable! You should also make your name easy to pronounce and spell.
2. The unspoken rules – Avoid something too similar to competing domain names and make sure not to violate someone else’s trademark.
3. ”.COM” – The ”.com” is the most popular top-level domain and it can be hard to find one that is available. In most cases, you should favor a ”.com” however if you are planning to sell in a specific country only you should consider a country specific domain such as “co.in” for the India.
4.Dot What? – There are many top level domain names available today including .com, .net, .org, and .biz. In most cases, the more unusual the top level domain, the more available domain names are available. However, the .com top level domain is far and away the most commonly used domain on the internet, driven by the fact that it was the first domain extension put to use commercially and has received incredible media attention. If you cannot lay your hands on a .com domain name, look for a .net domain name, which is the second most commercially popular domain name extension.
5. Discoverable vs. Brandable – What’s your strategy? Solely relying on traffic from search engines? Then you should use real words and phrases like TopTvMounts.com that people are searching for to increase your search ranking. If your marketing focus is on paid search listing, banner ads and buzz building, you should come up with a brandable name like Insiders1.com that people will remember.
6. Be creative – Most single-word domains are taken and you might need to create your own word. Try compounding two whole words (ChennaiHost), using a phrase (Six Apart), blending parts of two words together (Microsoft), tweaking a word (Flickr), affixing a word with a prefix or a suffix (Shopify), or making up a completely unique name (Odeo).
Most likely you will not get your first pick; don’t let that discourage you. You will find a great domain name to represent your business.
Read more: http://www.shopify.com/blog/3033082-5-rules-for-choosing-a-memorable-domain-name#ixzz2pOwSlWVu